A trip to Antarctica is a journey to one of the most fascinating and beautiful places on the planet. It changes your perspective on the world thanks to the unique wildlife and the stunning icy wilderness that you will experience. It's also quite a fascinating continent, too as our fun facts about Antarctica show:
1. Antarctica is always covered in ice. Unlike its northern counterpart, the North Pole, the ice on Antarctica never melts.
2. Antarctica is a landmass that is covered in ice. The North Pole and the Arctic are not land, but a frozen mass on top of the ocean.
3. Antarctica is the windiest, highest, and driest place on earth.
4. The average thickness of the ice covering Antarctica is one mile. It can be as thick as three miles in places.
5. Antarctica is 1.3 times as large as Europe, almost 1.5 times the size of the United States of America. It is almost double the size of Australia, also.